If you’re a lover of skincare or beauty in general, I have no doubt that you’ve come across @christina.kassi on Instagram, or may even be following her already. Christina the creator of some of the most beautiful imagery I’ve ever seen, many of which are re-posted on high profile channels constantly. Between working full time, creating images for social media and regularly uploading to her Youtube channel (my personal favourite video), Christina is also a contributor to Kourtney Kardashian’s website Poosh.
Scroll down to spend five minutes with the beauty that is Christina Kassi!
- Where did your love of beauty and skincare come from, has it always been there? My mom was always into beauty treatments and perfume. I loved perfume from a very early age and would always sample my mom’s collection! I didn’t start exploring skincare specifically until much later. I was about 21 when I first purchased skincare.
- What are your favourite skincare ingredients, and why? I love hyaluronic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, niacinamide, and other antioxidants. I think these are the most effective and well-researched ingredients that make a skincare product worth it.
- What are your favourite beauty treatments? I love using my Ziip nano- and micro-current device! It’s been such a treat to incorporate in my routine. I also love Biologique Recherche facials, although I can’t get those as often!
- In regards to skin therapists and dermatologists, whose opinion or knowledge do you trust and believe in? I think a synergy of both is what I prefer. I think estheticians are more inclined to target skin issues that are considered minor to doctors. Doctors tend to want to address more intense issues. I love the advice my estheticians give to me because they can truly analyze my skin and know what condition it’s in and what type of products I need during that period. Doctors don’t go into depth in that aspect.
- What’s your thoughts on botox and fillers etc? That was going to be my next point on doctors! I love going to them for my botox and fillers haha! I have done and love botox, although I know some people get it done too often, I think for me once or twice a year is enough. I like to do 1 syringe of hyaluronic acid filler along my nasolabial lines, and what’s leftover on my lips. It’s really a minuscule amount and it’s undetectable! I love it when doctors do them in a way where it makes you look just fresher and younger, but not different at all!
- What would you like to try next; product, service or treatment? I’d be open to having IPL done! Currently, I’m doing microneedling treatments for my deeper acne scarring and uneven texture.
- What is your favourite beauty magazine, and/or who are you listening/watching to in podcasts, Instagram or Youtube? I don’t have a favorite beauty magazine, I don’t think we have beauty magazine’s here in the US? I love reading Violet Grey blogs and interviews though! I also love Violette_Fr’s youtube channel. On Instagram, I’m always surrounded by my fellow beauty content creators that constantly inspire me!