We all have a beauty idol – Cindy Crawford anyone? – but women who are kicking goals in the beauty industry are my favourite kind. From my early years obsessively reading Katrina Lawrence’s Beauty Editor during TAFE breaks to graduating to Gritty Pretty along with Elle, Vogue, Allure and the like, for me it’s always been about beauty and those who write about it.
- Katrina Lawrence – a pioneer of Australian beauty blogging and still one of the best! Also I must mention that Katrina was a huge sweetheart when I reached out to enquire about a blog feature – which obviously involved a lot of fangirlin’ gushing! I still take pieces of inspiration from Katrina’s content on Beauty Editor to this day for Why Hello Beauty. #foreverafan
- Eleanor Pendleton – SK-II ambassador and the brainchild of Australian multi-award winning beauty editor of Gritty Pretty, Australia’s first shoppable, interactive digital publication dedicated to beauty. Recent cover girls include Lily Collins, Lara Bingle, Hailey Baldwin and Nicole Trunfio!
- Zoe Foster-Blake – I read everything Zoe writes with a passion, from her early years writing beauty articles for Australian Cosmopolitan to being at the helm of Primped.com.au (now known as whimn) . Zoe also claims the title of creator of cult skincare line Go-To and from what I’ve read, one of the nicest women ever, so kind of a big deal in my world!
- Stephanie Darling – a relatively new idol of mine thanks to her recently released book ‘Secrets of a Beauty Queen’, and now I wished I had known of her years ago! If you’re a big beauty buff – this is a must-have bedside book.
- Leigh Campbell – another former Australian beauty editor of Cosmopolitan who now writes for the Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, lifestyle and entertainment ‘The Huffington Post Australia’, whose title reaches 214 million unique visitors each month. Leigh also gave major #weddinggoals in 2015…
- Lien Davis – an Australian brow guru who regularly contributes to countless media titles and has glowing testimonials from absolutely everyone in the beauty industry. For proof, just visit her Instagram – told ya!
- Chloe Morello – not technically a writer but a creator counts, right? I’ve watched Chloe’s videos for years now and she constantly provides tips and tricks to flawless makuep. Just recently after watching one of Chloe’s videos, I began to dampen my beauty blender with a setting spray for longer lasting makeup – why did I never think of this?! *insert hand emojo here*
I could go on for days discussing how much the above have impacted my life in many ways, without sounding over the top, but they’ve all made their mark to bring me to the point where I am bloggin’ and creating content in my own way / basically chatting beauty 24/7 – but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Have the best weekend ever babes!