*This post may contain affiliate links for which I receive a commission at no extra cost to you, which assists to support and maintain my freelance writing and this website.
I’ve got the low down on how celebrity makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic achieved Kim’s flawless dewy complexion and natural glow for the 2016 Video Music Awards. Read on to be in the know to recreate this glam style yourself!
• To prep the skin, Dedivanovic used Laura Mercier Infusion de Rose Nourishing Cream to give Kim’s skin a soft, moisturized base.
• To give Kim a natural look, Dedivanovic applied Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Maple ($65) to even out her complexion and give her a “lit from within” glow.
• To ensure her flawless look lasted all night, he dusted Laura Mercer Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($62) all over her t-zone.
• Dedivanovic contoured Kim’s hairline, nose and cheekbones using Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze-03 ($50) to give her skin a sun-kissed, radiant glow.
• To give the cheeks a summery, peach flush, Dedivanovic lightly dusted Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper ($40). This added a pop of color to Kim’s face, without distracting from her lustrous skin.
• Dedivanovic applied Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in Addiction ($50) to the inner corners of Kim’s eyes and on her cupid’s bow to brighten her complexion. He then dusted Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in Devotion ($50) along her cheeks to highlight her striking cheekbones.
• He then gave Kim’s skin a warm glow using Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in both Addiction and Devotion on her chest, collarbone and legs.
• Finally, Dedivanovic lightly spritzed Kim’s complexion with Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, giving her skin a fresh gleam.
• To make Kim’s eyes look sultry and bronzed, Dedivanovic lightly swept Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sand Glow ($45) across the lid. He then applied the Copper shade from the Laura Mercier Eye Art Caviar Colour-Inspired Palette on the outer corners of the eye and across the lower lash line to make her eyes pop.
• In creating Kim’s signature bold brows, Dedivanovic applied Laura Mercier Brow Dimension Fiber Infused Colour Gel in Brunette to the outer corners of her brows, using a mascara wand to create more drama and apply a thicker layer of product. He then colored the middle of the brows with gel, using light strokes to create a softer look.
• Dedivanovic lined the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Hazelnut Tea ($35) to keep Kim’s lips looking soft and natural.
• Finally, he applied Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Sensual ($40) to give her a perfect nude pout.