I’ve invited beauty expert Lenita Cundari to share with us today how to really maximise results from a salon facial, to keep that oh-so-fresh vibrant glow to your skin and ensure that your hard earned cashola lasts as long as possible between salon visits. Lenita is a very talented beauty therapist who certainly knows her industry and oh, if you want #bossbrows – Lenita has you covered! All you need to know is placed below..
- Skin treatments should be 4-6 weeks apart or closer together if dealing with severe skin concerns like acne.
- Home care is key, be sure to invest in reputable skincare to enhance salon results.
- Exfoliation is key to bright, smooth and ageless skin. Try to exfoliate 2-3 times a week for best results.
- Cleanse daily, morning and night and if you’re wearing makeup, double cleanse of an evening to remove all dirt and grime.
- Apply moisturizer both AM and PM to rebalance skin and keep it hydrated even if you’re oily… trust me!
- Invest in an eye cream from the age of 25+ – you’ll thank me in your later years. This skin is delicate & needs some extra TLC to prevent damage (think thinning and wrinkling).
- Applying a weekly mask as a booster treatment will enhance your home results and give you some much needed time out, even if it is only just a quick ten minutes!
- Serums are heaven sent. They are an extremely concentrated dose of active ingredients. Try not to get put off the slightly higher price point and remember you are investing in yourself. Serums also allow deeper penetration of your moisturiser and you will find you can use less product so both will last longer. They are also great at strengthening and hydrating the skin.
- Mix up your skincare routine seasonally. Your skin had different needs in winter to summer, therefore you should not be using the same products all year round. You should also avoid using the same products from your 20’s in your 30’s.
- Be mindful of your diet. Try to reduce your intake of saturated fats, oils and dairy products. Aim to increase meals including meat, fish, nuts and green veggies, especially if you’re prone to hormonal breakouts.
- Drink lots of water to flush out toxins, this really makes a difference to your skin!
- Change your pillow case regularly to prevent bacteria build up and disinfect your phone cover regularly.
- Follow the routine of a skin therapist you trust as their skin knowledge is so valuable. They are trained in diagnosing skin and should be adding things to your home routine to maintain and enhance your results. If they are not recommending products, then they’re not doing their job. You are going to them for a specific result and it’s important you have the right tools to enhance and maintain this between treatments.
Remember: Strong skin is healthy skin.
* psst – Lenita’s signature facial includes a heavenly face, neck, shoulder, scalp and arm massage …. sounds simply sublime right?
Skin Health • Brow Love